How to use aromatherapy reed diffuser properly ?
Reed diffuser, referred as “cane aromatherapy” or “no-fire aroma wick”, is an environmental friendly air refresher. This diffuser is made using a small container filled with essential oil. Reeds or other porous sticks are placed in the oil to draw it up so that it can evaporate into the air. This type of diffuser is a subtle and effective way of dispersing essential oils. Some people think that if you stick a reed in the container and put it on the table, that will work. In fact, knowing that is not enough. Here are some tips on how to use a reed diffuser correctly and how to maximize its function?
- Purchase quality essential oils. Skip any oil brands that include “fragrance oil”, “perfume oil”, or “mineral oil”. Also, Essential oils should come in small, dark bottles. Be wary of any that come in clear bottles since exposure to sunlight can damage the oil. Finally, avoid bottle that come with a rubber dropper. Some oils can degrade the dropper, leading the rubber contaminate the oil.
- Selecting flavor that make your nose comfort. Most popular scents include lavender, peppermint, pine, spruce, and grapefruit. You can also try pre-made or custom blends to discover more nuanced scents. The flavor such as combination of lavender and frankincense make a sweet, soothing fragrance to help you relax or go to sleep and even to help you feel romantic.
- When the essential oil has been chosen, begin by using a few drops of essential oil in the bottle until you have a better sense of how much oil you need. Then dip one end of the reed into the bottle, it will absorb enough essential oil after few minutes, then put the other end into the bottle and place it where you want to.
- Follow the operating instructions that come with your diffuser. There are something noteworthy. The essential oil is flammable and need to be kept away from open fire. The oil should avoid direct intake of the body or eyes, otherwise you should seek medical attention if the contact is unwell. In addition, place it in a safe place where children can’t reach.
- Regular cleaning the container and replacing the reed sticks. Keeping a clean diffuser will result in more effective scent diffusion and will help keep your device working for the long haul. It is best to replace the reed 2 to 3 months. Generally speaking, a bottle of 30ml of essential oil can last about one month, so a reed diffuser can be used for 3 to 5 months. You can choose the number of reeds according to the space of room. In the small place (such as bathroom), 1~3 canes can meet your needs; but for large space (such as the sitting room), 4~5 pieces is enough. However, that depends on the concentration of yourfavorite
For scenting the air and making it more comfortable and pleasant to breathe, a reed diffuser is a nice and cheap choice. Select and use reed diffuser is not difficult as you think. If you have found a brand you trust, stick with them.